Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The #Leibster Award Blog Hop

Random 

I thank Dr. Roshan Radhakrishnan who has tagged me for the Liebster Award.

The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to fellow bloggers. It is passed from person to person to encourage and support each other, and help discover upcoming bloggers.


The word ‘liebster’ has German origins and has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart. (Courtesy: Asiya Fatima)

Guidelines for the award post:
  • Post 11 facts about self.
  • Answer the 11 questions given to you by your awarder.
  • Nominate/award 5-11 bloggers you find deserving and probably have less than 1000 followers.
  • Tell them that they have been tagged by you.
  • Include the image of the award in your page.

So, here goes…
11 Facts about myself:
  1. I hold a degree in Electronics Engineering, but haven’t done anything related to electronics for the past 17 years in my professional job.
  2. I can read books, articles, advertisements, literary, commercial, YA any genres but can’t read ‘horror’ and ‘erotic’ subjects or genres at all.
  3. I am notoriously forgetful.
  4. I make friends very easily and am in touch with almost all of them.
  5. I don’t like it when people ask for my advice and don’t follow it, :) and I never give advice to those people again.
  6. I hate cooking, though I like what I cook.
  7. I love driving. By sixteen years of age, I had driven bicycle, scooty, scooter, motorcycle and car. (mobike, by far, is the best adrenaline pumper).
  8. While writing, I can’t move forward unless the formatting and punctuation of previous paragraph is absolutely correct and consistent. Same is the case with excel spread-sheet also.
  9. I am very uncomfortable in extreme weather conditions. (both summers and winters)
  10. Borrowing from Roshan, I can’t stand Godmen and can’t understand people who worship and touch their feet just based on faith.
  11. I love watching action films, more so if the female characters are also active in the actions.

Roshan’s  11 questions:

1) What was the best moment of your life till date?
So many and difficult to choose…, but I think when the first time I held my daughter, it was best and awesome! (now the other one will fight with me)

2) If not 'your present job', what would you see yourself doing in life?
I would have been in ‘Performing Arts’, maybe performing or teaching dance. I like all kinds of dance forms, but lean more towards Indian Classical i.e Kathak and Bharatnatyam

3) Who was your first celebrity crush?
Amitabh Bachchan (started with ‘Don’)

4) The best friend you have made in the blogosphere?
Dr. Roshan Radhakrishnan J

5) I'm giving you a million dollars. How are you going to spend it?
10% will go in charity, buy a one-bedroom in Goa, state of the art laptop, modem and write!

6) Your best feature?
My height.

7) Show us a photo you possess on your computer/mobile that you just love?
Aah… I don’t like to display my photograph, but since I am playing and I am a good sport J The latest one from my mobile.


8) Two books you would recommend to everyone?
  • ‘Female Brain’ by Louann Brizendine
  • 'The Partner' by John Grisham

9) Favourite food dishes?
Kathi Rolls, Kulfi

10) A celebrity you feel is highly underrated and deserves more credit (and why)?
I will have to ‘pass’ this question, can’t recall anyone.

11) Share some insightful advice you have learned NOT FROM BOOKS but from the crazy journey of life?
Every human being has both positive and negative traits. It is important that we focus on the positive quality of a person and ignore the negative. Else it creates unnecessary stress in life.

My set of 11 questions:
  1. What is the ultimate aim of blogging or writing?
  2. What is the story behind your blog name?
  3. In your opinion, what is the best blog post you've written so far? Please give us the link.
  4. What’s your favourite genre to read, science fiction, fantasy, romance, comedy, crime…?
  5. Who is your favourite author?
  6. What is one thing that you would like to undo from your past?
  7. Which is your dream place, where you would like to settle?
  8. Describe an interesting person you have met while on vacation.
  9. What's one piece of advice you'd give your younger self?
  10. What are the two things you love to do?
  11. What do you think is the key to happiness?

__________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment